Thursday, March 24, 2011

1936 plymouth

I bought a car exactly like this in 1955...I think it cost me a hundred dollars....a 36 plymouth.... it ran fairly well but the paint was bad on it....a friendly small gas station operator donated space in his service bay after hours and with the help of some school pals we painted it primer grey and dug up some pink from somewhere for the wheels ...The paint was expensive...6 dollars a quart.... it took two quarts as I remember.....the original car was not in as bad a shape  as the one in the picture .....but the grey did it wonders and we were very proud of the results obtained with careful painting with a brush.....the flat grey paint hid all the sin .....I drove that car to school in grade 12..... yup..


                                                                 clik to enlarge